ABOUT DR. CHLOE
Dr. Chloe Carmichael, PhD is a licensed clinical psychologist and author of the book Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety. She holds a master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Long Island University and graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, with a bachelor’s degree and departmental honors in psychology from Columbia University in New York. Her practice in New York City serves high-functioning business executives, people in the arts, and everyday people seeking support with personal or professional goals.
She started her practice in 2012, just days after getting her license. Within a month, she shocked her employer and quit her day job because her private practice was equaling her corporate salary. From there, she grew very quickly, and now employs multiple other therapists to keep up with the volume of client inquiries. Dr. Chloe's Practice-Building Expertise has been featured by the American Psychological Association (APA) twice.
She is regularly featured in national TV media (CBS, HLN, VH1, Fox News and more) and contributes regularly to U.S. World News, Forbes, Huffington Post, and other media.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“I just want to thank you for sharing all of this knowledge on building a private practice. I’ve never known a colleague that was so generous in sharing this type of specific information on how to really get a practice started, especially a strong profitable practice. In graduate school, this was just not something that was taught. I really appreciate all that you’re sharing here!”
- DR. NATASHA MANNING, PHD
"We have been working with Dr. Chloe for several years now. We always get such great reviews on Dr. Chloe's talks-- attendees definitely find them helpful. Her workshops are well-structured, high energy, and full of practical strategies for therapists in private practice."
- DENISE MARSHALL
Business Development Manager, TherapySites.com
nurture your community
dr. chloe helps therapists grow
Therapists in private practice (or students planning to enter private practice) often express they wish they had more training in the "nuts and bolts" of private practice. This includes everything from learning how to find clients who are appropriate for private practice, how to navigate delicate conversations around late cancellations or billing issues, and how to keep private practice sessions feeling fresh and engaging for both the client and the therapist.
Dr. Chloe's proven success in her own practice combined with her history of teaching throughout her career have prepared her to share with other therapists:
- How to attract, book, and retain private practice clients
- Therapy techniques and delivery styles that resonate with high functioning clients
- How to build a sustainable private practice
The two workshops below have been well-received by junior and seasoned therapists alike. Feel free to book either (or both!) workshops for your community, or request something customized-- Dr. Chloe loves hearing more about what therapists want!
WORKSHOP # 1: THERAPY TECHNIQUES FOR HIGH FUNCTIONING CLIENTS
Dr. Chloe's therapy techniques for high-functioning clients
After the workshop, attendees will understand:
- Nine techniques from Dr. Chloe's book, Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety. The book has been endorsed by Deepak Chopra, and praised as a "game changer" by Jim McCann, the founder of 1-800-FLOWERS.
- Exactly how Dr. Chloe shares these techniques with high functioning clients. The language, examples, and manner in which techniques are shared are often pivotal components of successful and engaging treatment.
- Examples of homework and engagement strategies around these techniques that will help keep clients stimulated as they progress with measurable skills (and keep them feeling eager for their next session with you!!!).
- You also get permission to use Dr. Chloe's Nervous Energy worksheets with your clients.
WORKSHOP #2: PRIVATE PRACTICE ESSENTIALS
After the workshop, attendees will understand:
- How to succeed in private practice: Steps & tools for growing a therapy
- How to manage and balance different business issues
- How to create an organized infrastructure
- Seeing your practice through a client's eye
- Self-care and self-improvement for therapists
- How to use social media and major media
- How to use and maximize your network
- Social Media 101 for Therapists
- Mindful + Sustainable Goal Attainment
- Turning Soft Inquiries into Solid Bookings
BOOK DR. CHLOE NOW FOR YOUR AUDIENCE OF THERAPISTS OR COACHES
Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of your Anxiety
"If ‘high energy’ people learnt to harness their energy to go beyond reactive responses to modes of intuition, creativity, and emotional resilience, they would achieve even more. This book offers the tools they need.”
- DR. DEEPAK CHOPRA, MD, FACP
"This book is a game changer because it teaches skills to
understand and package natural anxiety in a positive way that improves how we think, feel, and act."
- JIM MCCANN
Chairman and Founder of 1-800Flowers.com