Sign up now to get updates about the workshop!
Workshop date: TO BE ANNOUNCED
What you will learn:
You will be able to apply all nine techniques from Dr. Chloe's book, Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety. The book has been endorsed by Deepak Chopra, and praised as a "game changer" by Jim McCann, the founder of 1-800-FLOWERS.
- The Three-Part Breath: A cognitive-behavioral mindfulness technique for relaxation, focus, and metacognition.
- The Zone of Control: Stay focused on what matters by doing action steps around what is within your control, and avoid ruminating on what is beyond your control.
- Mental Shortlist: Help your wonderfully tenacious mind pivot away from dead-end topics that no longer serve you; and redirect your energy to more productive avenues.
- To-Do List with Emotions: Reconnect with the power of emotion to defeat procrastination and increase fulfillment around your to-do list.
- Mind Mapping: Discover the hidden cognitive-emotional connections around relationships, goals, and important life events to facilitate optimal self-care.
- Worry Time: Find balance between responding to concerns that cross your mind, and allowing yourself to experience the joy of a carefree day.
- Response Prevention: Help yourself to break out of entrenched habits that are holding you back.
- Thought Replacement: Once you've identified maladaptive thoughts, learn to override them with healthy thoughts that will serve you better.
- Anchoring Statements: Excellent for clients who experience sudden and strong bursts of insecurity, panic, or overwhelming anxiety.
You will be able to interact and vote on which tools they'd like to see demonstrated on a deeper level. You will acquire practical skills and knowledge they can implement the very same day!
LEARN FROM DR. CHLOE
Dr. CHLOE CARMICHAEL graduated with honors from Columbia University and holds a doctorate in clinical psychology from Long Island University. Her private practice focuses on stress management, relationship issues, self-esteem, and coaching.
Dr. Carmichael She has published work on issues related to psychotherapy through academic sources such as Guilford, and presented at the Anxiety Disorders Association of America. She has instructed undergraduate courses at Long Island University and has served as adjunct faculty at the City University of New York.
In her latest book Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety, Dr. Chloe Carmichael focuses on how anxiety, if managed correctly, can actually be a source of stimulation, productivity, and fulfillment.
Dr. Chloe shares more about the workshop
Dr. Chloe answers: What is anxiety's HEALTHY function?
PRAISE FOR NERVOUS ENERGY
“Anxiety and stress are the number one epidemic of modern civilization. Frequently stressed people find themselves at the pinnacle of success at the cost of unhappy lives, fractured relationships, and unhealthy bodies. Their energy is wasted even though they may have an excess of it. If ‘high energy’ people learnt to harness their energy to go beyond reactive responses to modes of intuition, creativity, and emotional resilience, they would achieve even more by doing less and be happier and healthier. This book offers the tools they need.”
Dr. Deepak Chopra
Founder, The Chopra Foundation, World-renowned Speaker,
New York Times Bestselling Author
"This book is a game changer because it teaches skills to understand and package natural anxiety in a positive way that improves how we think, feel, and act."
Chairman and Founder of 1-800Flowers.com